What are the typical pages of a 5 Page Website?
There are a few standard pages that are usually the building blocks of a simple website of around 5 pages. Websites obviously vary greatly depending on the company, industry, and the goals of the website owner, but here’s a list of the most common pages used on a basic small business website:
- The Home page is the main page of the website and should communicate what your website or business is all about while linking to other important pages of the website. I like to build a tagline or slogan into the top of the page that gives a powerful summary statement above the fold so visitors know right away who the company is, what they do, and why.
- Many individuals and small businesses have an About page that gives an overview of the individual, company, or service that is represented on the website. It’s usually a good idea to have pictures to give a visual representation of the individual or business. I’n tracking the activity of visitors on my site and many other sites of clients, I’ve found the About page to be one of the most visited sites. Visitors want to know more about who they are dealing with!
- A Products or Services page is typically used to communicate the products or services being sold or provided. Pretty straightforward. This is a critical page because it is a major decision point for the visitor where they will decide if the product or service being offered is a good fit for them.
- Some website owners who need to display a number of pictures may have a separate Pictures page to organize and display pictures in a gallery format.
- A Testimonials or References page is a great way to increase confidence in your product or service being offered. On this page, you can share testimonials or references from previous customers and clients.
- For sites that generate a lot of questions, a Frequently Asked Questions page can be useful to answer the most common questions proactively.
- A Contact page is critical to let people know how they can get in touch with you.